Residence for highly qualified staff is a temporary residence and work authorization that may be obtained by a foreign worker residing outside Spain to perform an employment activity for which a higher education qualification or, exceptionally, a minimum of five years of professional experience that can be considered comparable, is required.

What about family members?

Family members of highly qualified staff can also obtain permission to reside in Spain. 

To do so: 

  • They can make an initial joint application, including the family members in the application to get the work permit. In this way, the whole family would arrive together and at the same time in Spain. 
  • Family members can also arrive in Spain some time after the highly qualified staff have started their stay in the country.  

Contact us to find out what documentation you need to manage your and your family’s move to Spain as highly qualified staff and worry only about enjoying this new stage of your life.