health insurance card

Just as when we travel to another country in the European Union it is advisable to obtain a European health insurance card, when we travel for a long period of time to another autonomous community within Spain, we must obtain our displaced person’s health insurance card. Those who mainly find themselves in this situation are usually students who go to a university outside their community. It is also increasingly common for this to happen to young workers who find their first job outside their city and autonomous community. So, if any of these is your case, in today’s post we explain what the displaced person’s health card is and how to get it.   

What is it?  

The displaced person’s health card is a card aimed at those who are temporarily outside their autonomous community. It is important to know that, just as we understand that the displacement is temporary, the card also has a validity date.  

That is to say, the person who obtains his/her displaced person’s health insurance card outside his/her autonomous community will be entitled to the assignment of a family doctor in his/her corresponding health center according to his/her new temporary place of residence.  

How long is the card valid for?

Normally, the validity will be as long as you want to give it. In other words, depending on how long your temporary posting will last, you will be able to manage the validity of your card for the same duration. However, this also depends on the autonomous community. It is likely that in some autonomous communities you will not be allowed to define the duration of validity of your card yourself. In this case, the validity of your displaced person’s health card will be 3 months, with the option to extend it.

How do I get my displaced person’s health card?

Perhaps when you hearobtaining your displaced person’s health cardyou think it is a complicated procedure and you feel lazy. Well, nothing could be further from the truth, obtaining your card is very simple. To do so, you must first find out which health center is closest to your new home. Most autonomous communities have online services so that you can find out this quickly and easily, as is the case of the Community of Madrid. Once you know which health center corresponds to you, you will only have to go there in person and request your card. To do so, you will have to present your health card from your autonomous community of origin and your ID card. Once you present these data, your displaced person’s health card will be issued.  

It is very important that you do this procedure if you are going to reside for a period of time outside your autonomous community. Although we all have the right to health care in any autonomous community in Spain, having your own displaced person’s health card will allow you to have a doctor assigned to you for any health issue that may arise 

We hope this post has helped you and that now it will be much easier for you to obtain your displaced person’s health card. Remember that at People Global Relocation we are at your disposal to help you in everything you need during your relocation process.   

You can also read other interesting posts in our blog:  

No responses yet

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *